Dear Friends of the Santa Clarita Valley:
The 52nd Annual Premier Volunteer Recognition Event, 2017 Santa Clarita Valley Man and Woman of the Year dinner, will be held Friday, May 5, 2017, at 6 p.m. at the Hyatt Valencia.
The purpose of the Santa Clarita Valley Man and Woman of the Year Recognition is to honor men and women who have given outstanding volunteer service to the Santa Clarita Valley area.
- Individual volunteer services must be given to a group or organization that is a designated 501(c)(3), community service organization.
- Volunteer service is defined by long-time community commitment (not work related).
- Volunteer service includes, but is not limited to, the years of volunteer service, the type of service, and the impact of the service that was provided to multiple local organizations.
The Committee of previous honorees will select the Man and Woman of the Year from the nominees submitted.
- You can nominate up to two (2) volunteers, one man and/or one woman.
- The criteria used by the Committee are weighted as follows:
- Volunteer effort – 40 points
- Years of service – 20 points
- Impact and commitment to nominating organization – 20 points
- Number of 501(c)(3) organizations this individual has served – 20 points
A nomination form can be found here.
A paparazzi/recognition party will be held on Wednesday, March 15, 2017, to recognize and honor the nominees and their organizations. The nominees, their significant others, and the executive directors of the nominating organizations, will be invited. More information will follow.
Nomination applications are due by Monday January 30, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. All nominations will be acknowledged. We look forward to your participation.
Jim Lentini and Lois Bauccio
2016 Man and Woman of the Year
1964 A.B. Perkins
1965 George Harris
1966 William Bonelli, Jr.
1968 Bill Kohlmeier
1969 Chuck Hendrickson
1970 Ed Bolden & Olive Ruby
1972 Bill Millsap & Bobbie Trueblood Davis
1973 Rev. Sam Dixon & Jerreann Bowman
1974 Judge C.M. MacDougal & Flo Chesebrough
1975 Rene Veluzat & Connie Worden Roberts
1976 Dick Millar & Joyce Wayman
1977 Steve Hall & Sara Faye Wood
1978 Dan Hon & Juanita Heinley
1979 John Fuller & Anne Lynch
1980 Judge Adrian Adams & Betty Pember
1981 Fred Trueblood, III & Margret Schulte
1983 Sam Garcia & Barbara Stearns Cochran
1984 Milt Diamond & Jo Anne Darcy
1985 Tony Newhall & Carmen Sarro
1986 Larry Margolis & Mary Spring
1987 Frank Lorelli & Ruth Newhall
1988 Tom Veloz & Betty Castleberry
1989 Dick Keysor & Jami Kennedy
1990 Lou Garasi & Rita Garasi
1991 Jack Boyer & Ruth Clark
1992 Clyde Smyth & Catherine Clark
1993 Stan Sierad & Betty Burke Oldfield
1994 Alan Barbakow & Pat Allen
1995 Sheldon Allen & Laurene Weste-McCarthy
1996 Chuck Clark & Charlotte Kleeman
1997 George Pederson & Pat Warford
1998 Bob Kellar & Roberta Veloz
1999 John Hoskinson & Pat Willett
2000 Tom Lee & Betty Seldner
2001 Steve Schmidt & Joyce Carson
2002 Frank Kleeman & Adele Macpherson
2003 Duane Harte & Linda Pedersen
2004 Don Fleming & Cheri Fleming
2005 Gary E. Condie & Jeri Seratti-Goldman
2006 Michael Berger & Diana Cusumano
2007 Greg Nutter & Jeanna Crawford
2008 Carl Goldman & Judy Penman
2009 Greg Amsler & Nancy Coulter
2010 Wayne Crawford & Mary Ann Colf
2011 Harry Bell & Candy Spahr
2012 Tom Dierckman & Myrna Condie
2013 Steve Sturgeon & Elizabeth Hopp
2014 William Lively & Cheryl Gray
2015 Leon Worden & Sue Endress
2016 Jim Lentini & Lois Bauccio